FI(A) & CRI(A) Refresher Course
During the two day course, Topics covered will include :
Our course is structured for instructors teaching across the complete range of ab initio, CPL and IR students
AOPA UK is a CAA Approved Training Organisation (ATO), Number PTO-107 and meets the requirements of Part FCL for Flight Instructor Rating and Class Rating Instructor revalidation.
Meet the Team
|"I found the whole experience extremely beneficial, all the presenters were excellent, the information well structured and the timetable very well balanced and controlled.The admin was also highly efficient and the whole seminar well worth the money.
Thank you for accommodating me at short notice."
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need to bring:
- A completed Form SRG1135. For Zoom Courses the SRG1135 will be sent to you as well as your Certificate of Attendance immediately after the Course by email.
- Your Pilot’s licence
- Your log books showing evidence of the number of instructional hours you have completed
Will I need to give a presentation?
During the Course, candidates will be allocated to syndicates and be required to consider a topical training issues and deliver a short presentation back as a group to all candidates. This is not a test and is designed to facilitate discussion during questions and share current thoughts. Candidates will have time to prepare, discuss and decide format in their syndicates. Candidates are encouraged to bring any of their own training notes, manuals and pens/notebooks that they might find useful.
What are the costs involved?
The cost for our course is:
The non-member price is £275 (£229.17 plus VAT @ 20% of £45.83)
What does the price include?
Lectures and presentations over two days, morning and afternoon refreshments and a buffet lunch. And a Certificate of Attendance.
Where and when is it held?
Please note that we no longer cover FI(H) renewals/revalidations at AOPA Courses.
The two-day courses last six hours each day. Under CAA rules you may attend a seminar any time during the validity of your FI Rating.
For more information regarding the AOPA Instructor Course contact Mandy Nelson by email email@example.com or phone 020 7834 5631.
Schedule of AOPA Flight Instructor (Aeroplane) Courses
|8/9 March 2022||To be held by Zoom online Video Meetings
||09:30 - 17:00||Mandy Nelson||020 7834 5631|
|5/6 July 2022||Venue to be advised||09:30 - 17:00||Mandy Nelson||020 7834 5631|
|22/23 November 2022||Venue to be advised||09:30 - 17:00||Mandy Nelson||020 7834 5631|
Note 1: If the CAA grant permission to hold a course by remote video, using Zoom services., the course price will be reduced by £25 as no lunch or refreshments are required. If you are not familiar with Zoom, which is fully secure, you can find tutorials here. Future courses may be held by Zoom if necessary due to COVID-19 and approved by the CAA.
Note 2: If a course is held in person and the venue, when advised, is not suitable for you a full refund will be made.
All attendees must book and pay in advance as there will be no registrations accepted at the door on the day. You can book your place online now for AOPA Courses. Just click the "Book Now" button for both secure online and offline payment options.
"I was apprehensive as to my ability to contribute and also feeling I would be vastly inferior to many others. However, I have to say, how at ease I was made to feel from the beginning, it was reassuring that there were lots of individuals with truly vast backgrounds and experience levels and everyone there for the same reason - not just to reval / renew - but to learn.The content was outstanding - I learned a lot."
"All speakers very knowledgeable and approachable, and very fast to answer questions. Felt that Zoom format worked well and would be keen to do my next one in that format also."
"I thought this was one of the best refresher seminars I have attended despite not being all in the same room face to face. Whilst the downside of not being face to face exists, there are many upsides of remote Zoom training. Not having to travel, not having to potentially pay for accommodation all makes it much easier to attend. Having such an experienced and diverse group of attendees was also extremely beneficial when learning from others. The course was incredibly well organised and facilitated, the content and presenters were all exemplary and I would highly recommend this course."
"Very impressed with the structure and way the course was run."
"The course was very well run."
"Thank you for a very strong course. I enjoyed it and the Zoom worked well. I would give all elements an excellent."
"Thank you to you and the team for an enjoyable two days."
"It was great, Thanks for the excellent admin too!"
Note: The future use of Zoom meetings is subject to CAA approval, which may only be given while COVID restrictions apply.
Helicopter Services at Wycombe Air Park. These courses are run by Geoff Day and are run approx every 3 months at Helicopter Services Ltd, Wycombe Air Park (Booker). They are 2-day courses, are only open and applicable to helicopter instructors and usually held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please contact Helicopter Services on 01494 513166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
For revalidation of an FI(A) certificate, the holder shall fulfil 2 of the following 3 requirements:
(1) complete: at least 50 hours of flight instruction in the appropriate aircraft category during the period of validity of the certificate. If the privileges to instruct for the IR are to be revalidated, 10 of these hours shall be flight instruction for an IR and shall have been completed within the last 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate;
(2) attend an instructor refresher course, within the validity period of the FI certificate;
(3) pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935, within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate.
For at least each alternate subsequent revalidation the holder shall have to pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935.
If the FI certificate has lapsed, the applicant shall, within a period of 12 months before renewal:
(1) attend an instructor refresher course;
(2) pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935.
Remember that every other renewal must include an assessment of competence.
The AOPA Flight Instructor Revalidation Course for FI(A) meets the requirements of EASA AMC1 FCL.940.FI(a)(2).
(a) To revalidate a CRI certificate, applicants shall fulfil, within the validity period of the CRI certificate, at least two out of the following three requirements:
(1) conduct at least 10 hours of flight instruction as a CRI. If applicants have CRI privileges on both single-engine and multi-engine aeroplanes, those hours of flight instruction shall be equally divided between single-engine and multi-engine aeroplanes;
(2) complete a refresher training as a CRI at an ATO or at a competent authority;
(3) pass the assessment of competence in accordance with part FCL.935 for multi-engine or single-engine aeroplanes, as relevant.
(b) For at least each alternate revalidation of a CRI certificate, holders shall have complied with the requirement in point (a)(3).
(c) If the CRI certificate has expired, it shall be renewed if the applicants in the period of 12 months before the application for the renewal:
(1) have completed a refresher training as a CRI at an ATO or at a competent authority;
(2) have completed the assessment of competence as required by part FCL.935.
The AOPA Instructor Refresher Course meets the requirements of (a)(2) and (c)(1).